Huletts Landivng is located on the east shore of Lake George, a lake world renowned for its crystal clear water and views of the majestic Adirondack Mountains. Named after the original owners of the property, the Huletts, the area began humbly. It was not until Philander Hulett established the first post office and steamship landing that tourism in the area began to flourish. The area grew into a resort destination with the establishment of the original Huletts Hotel, which burned down and resulted in a sensational arson trial in 1917. A second, newer hotel was built, and the area thrived. Residents and tourists alike still travel from all areas of the country to spend vacations at Huletts Landing, basking in its mix of unparalleled charm and natural beauty.
George T. Kapusinski is the grandson of George and Margaret Eichler, the last owners of the Huletts Hotel and primary developers of Huletts Landing. He has assembled these rare vintage photographs from an assortment of private collections, chronicling the years of progress that have made Huletts Landing into the elite enclave it is today.